Saturday, January 01, 2005

seasons vol. 1 (jav is back, hey!)

Seasons unchanged, by: Javier “DeMarcus” Guevara

We’ll be young forever, that’s what we said…

We met in a park about 2 years ago. It didn’t matter how right now, that’s a story for another time. She was 15, I was 17. I was a junior, she was a freshman. Age didn’t matter to us, I mean out parents were at least 8 years apart, and they still hold a healthy relationship, well at least my parents. She was very reluctant in enlightening me on her relationship with her parents. All she told me was that they broke up a long time ago.

We met in the spring, it was the clichéd season of romance, but a cliché has to be true if it’s said so many times. She had such a cold exterior, but once we shared each other and opened up, we were like the best friends. I could be myself more around her...And she the same. We were so blissfully happy, well, at least I was.

The fall, we became much more than friends, we knew everything about each other, even random useless facts, like her favorite flavor of pocky. She found out my favorite kind of car. We started to be a romantic couple, kissing after times of bliss, talking about our future like what we were going to do with our lives. We always joked around saying that there was no way we’d grow old, without do something important with our lives.

In the winter, an idea arose. We wrote a dissertation, it was for school. She helped me, we felt like we were one mind. It began to shape the way people thought. We felt like there was something more for us, a cause for our union. Of course, no extraordinary work can go unchecked. We then got the wrong kind of notoriety. Accusations began to destroy our credibility as authors, even as people.

The spring was cold, as if god delayed the warmth form both the outside and from within. We never left each other, but we began to carry a more solitary life, from seeing each other every day, and between every class. Now we passed each other a friendly glance as if to tell the other that everything was alright, but in my true conscious, nothing was right, in fact we were losing ourselves. As the spring came to an end, I felt as if I had to make myself move on, knowing that I had plenty of years left in me to find whatever it was I was looking for.

Summer time kept us even farther apart, she had obligation to her parents. This summer she had to spend with her father, in a far away place. I planned to visit her, but I felt that we drifted to far apart for me to show up unexpectedly at her door. I thought she might take my presence in a most unexpected way. So I decided not to see her, and maybe I could try to find another, to see if she was really as important as my mind may have deceived me into believing.

Another solstice down, as the leaves began to fall in this season. I began to worry, for I have not seen her and school has already convened. I’m scared because she might have decided to stay with her father. Was it because of me? Was it my entire fault? Did I cause her that much sorrow that she felt she had to avoid me entirely? No, I knew her better than anyone else; she was never one to run away, not even in love. No wait, especially in love. Days passed, and still no words were spoken between us, that is, until one moon, I was reached through her mother. She proclaimed that she’s been in the hospital for quite some time now, and that until now, she was unable to speak words till she woke from her trance. I was informed that I was the first person she wanted to see. I rushed to another far off land, in search of her. When I found her, she was in tears, unknowing If I was to be at her side. When we could finally hold each other in our arms, we felt nothing more than the touch of each other; we knew things would mend again.

The winter was cold once again, but no bitterness from the condensed water kept our lives in any affliction. We found time trapped in the dwellings of a snowbound city. There was no one to see, and nowhere to go. It was a perfect time for us to catch up, and even to discover some things new to ourselves. We reflected upon everything we encountered from trivial encounters, to life altering experiences. One topic we still left on was the desire to stay young. We were so wrapped in the beliefs of our words, we spent days, no weeks trying to figure a way for us to stay young, and together everlastingly. We had a plan, but something didn’t set right with me.

The calendar, the TV, and the radio all told me it was spring, but I knew it wasn’t. Because there was snow still throughout the land, and we still haven’t found a resolve. She said she would remain frozen forever now, the way she is, with me. I felt like she was scared, I admit, so was I, but everyone was at one point. We just needed to find a way to continue. One day, she left me a note, simple lettered massage, which was unlike her. It was just a note saying meet me here at a certain time. As any intrigued or concerned lover, I followed my heart’s decision to pursue her request. I found her standing on the edge, the edge of life, reason, and love. She had only two questions for me. The first one was if I really wanted to stay this way forever. The second was if I really loved her. I know that I was foolish, I answered in the wrong order. The first thing I said was that I loved her since I knew her, and that I will always love her no matter what we go through. The last words she said to me was that she then knew that she had made the right decision in loving me, and that she knew that I would make the right decision for us. Then in that instant, we were one, even though we were 100 stories apart, we were now unified by one spirit. I had to make a decision, what was I going to do?

Now I know its spring, because the snow melted, and my life is born anew. She is always with me now, though fingers were pointed, no one could cast me away for what we had. It was easy to blame society, or some type of emotion, but the truth was, there was nothing to blame but love. I had been notified that she had three things on her, the day she left this realm. There was a letter addressed to me, a letter to her life, and one left for the world. I will make sure her dream is carried on, you will hear her decree, and I hope she can stay young within your heart.

One day I will find her, and I’ll meet her in the one place she needed not to touch solid ground, but we will hold on, in a place much higher, a place where I wouldn’t have to wait for the warmth of the sun, a time where the next season was never a worry, a place where the summer beams the beautiful sun. A place it would always be like the fall, where the leaves would fall as she did so gloriously. Then a place like the winter, where the snow set down; like she did on my soul. Finally, a new spring for me, where I could start my life over. Just like she gave me, quite some time ago.

there, I really enjoyed it, but what it is, is a basic story, that im gonna go into depth, and expand, as i go back in the story. A funny paradox, but its original, and fun to do

No comments: