Saturday, January 15, 2005

Emtional Disdain

(This was written for a friends in college who i never see anymore...MISS YA ALREADY LIZ AND JOHN!)

From life dawn to dusk
We’ll see our lives in its end
For there was no end to our camaraderie
We recalled our times when we initially met
From simple lives of reading mangas aloud
To staring at the sky above form a refuse container
We shared a year of close contact for a year
But need of higher learning pulled you away
Left broken, I had to pull pieces of our memories together…
I heard you came by locale to see relatives
I was sad you did not call upon me
Days passed, with no hope of my eyes upon you
Then, a new moon brought me contentment
My respite was found in your wisdom
Although it made me feel inferior
I felt warm among your presence
We did as much as any could
I still feel it wasn’t enough
The last day in which we spoke was a meaningful day
Because that was when I knew, I see you again
Although I know you’ll be gone for a while…
Remember, “Shinjite Iru Cara”

Dedicated to my close friend, comedian, and poet… Liz Ryan

No comments: