Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Seasons vol. 2

boo ya! okay i reveled more facts about everyone and extra stuff that my friends can figure out... here

Summer Starting Anew (season’s unchanged vol. 2) by: Javier “DeMarcus” Guevara

I remember this time; it was the time when things were still within my grasp. I have only just met her, and we were on a friend basis. The sun was warm, the trees and the fauna were in full bloom. The days were long without classes at Tokyo U, and they seemed even longer with the sun resisting to fall like many other innocent days, it was a time when I still had my so called “normal” life. Everything and everyone I had were all a part of my boring life.
I remember my last day of classes; she and I were waiting to meet at the pond after we were dismissed by our professors. I could care less what my teacher had to say on my last class, because finals were done, and I knew I did well. I wouldn’t have to see him anymore. Well, at least not in school anymore. (Unless I took organic chemistry)
Oh I rejoiced as any person would when they hear parting words from a professor or an institution, even if only temporary. (Still had another year left in me) I don’t know how, but even though I was in the second row, I was the last one out of the door. Embarrassing really, but not as embarrassing as the parting words of my professor. Throughout my years of comprehension of educating systems, I expected clichĂ©’ expressions like “good job” or “looks like I’ll see you next year” with a malevolent chuckle. Now of all times, he decided to break all ties of professionalism and tell me to take care of her daughter. It seemed like he really held me in high regard to his daughter, but it seemed like he was the only one. Maybe it was because he really got to know me through teaching or maybe because I really tried in his class and didn’t have anything bad to say about him. Whatever it was, it made me feel good.
It was noon; in fact the moon was in the highest placement I’ve ever seen in all my years of reality. The sun decided to hang over me particularly, like a lonesome watchman. All I can remember thinking was that this was the best time if ever to get a chance to see she would start a closer relationship. Of course, there was nothing I could do, other than trying to wing it. I said that to myself because that’s who I was, and she wouldn’t want anything (or anyone) else.
Finally, around 12:45, she came over the bridge to our unique place. We called it… M’iel. It was our little world, because no one ever came here for some reason, and it had really exotic plants from around the world. We made it our duty to keep them alive, since they were put there by some seniors who wanted a quick A on a project. Then they never took care of them again. (Bastards) Some died regardless, because they were planted lazily, (dumbasses) or because they just weren’t supposed to be in this kind of climate. (Jackasses)
It was a beautiful summer, we were close, and yet we had our distance. We both saw that our friendship was growing a bit more rapidly than we expected. We would always see each other every day, yet we never had a dull moment. I would have to call on one of our best days, it was a Saturday in July, and we decided to see a play. We didn’t care what kind, because we just wanted to go just so we could see if we could enjoy it like most other adults do. A childish excuse yes, but a reason none the less. The truth was we loved it. It was a gothic play, with themes of love, sacrifice, and honor. (It had vampires and angels too!) We decided that we’d write our own, and someday… Live it.
If I wasn’t with her, she was off to her grandfather’s house. It was a long trip, but I had a job, so I only went when my schedule allowed it. I remember that her grandfather was just as tolerant as her father was. He lived an hour away from the city, in the countryside where life seemed to stand still in a chrono freeze, like the lush forest in the crisp winter. Life didn’t affect that prefecture, for all I know, the world could have been brought to its knees, and I would not have known. When we stayed there, we would have pleasure just writing, reading, and sitting out, looking around and talking to each other. Then, like all good times, the summer was reaching an end without warning.
We decided we’d spend a late night in our distant world of M’iel. We met around 10, where the only people in the general vicinity were people on a walk through the night for their own reasons of self discovery. The university had a way of doing that. I knew that the world was away now; I would finally see what she wanted with our relationship. We sat under a tree, and talked like we always did, but then, she came to me under the tree and said that there’s more for us to do in the upcoming seasons. I opened myself to speak words of comfort to help the feelings she expressed to me. She interrupted my words with a far more meaningful expression. She pressed her lips upon mine, as I felt a giant release from my anguish of greed.
The summer was over at the end of this night, and as the moon faded farther, the summer was officially at a close. We decided we’d remember every season by doing something meaningful we’d remember forever. This summer we decided to leave ourselves in this land, now and forever away from all those who judged us. Instead of destroying the tree by engraving into the bark like other typical lovers did, we left a plant, nurtured by ourselves, that way we grew it only out of love for each other.
We left a little sign for all… It said…

Our Summer Dream,
Apollo
+
Quistis

Story By: DeMarcus

No comments: