Sunday, October 31, 2010

Somewhere...

So I'm not sure what got me going with this one. It started off as something I've daydreamed about when I hear a particular song, and then just took off from there. I'm happy with it though. I seem to have gotten a bit of my creative spark that I thought I lost. This is probably the most active I've been with writing in a LONG LONG time...
Somewhere


I stand here now…
Gazing across the horizon...
As the sun sets on this day...
Brilliant colors dance across the sky...
As the sun gives way to an evening glow...
The wind blows gently across my face...
My gaze never faltering...
One by one the stars begin to shine...
Billions of lights...
Shining through the darkness...
People come and gaze with me...
And sooner or later they leave...
Some will stay and tell their stories...
Others disappear in a heartbeat...

Yet, one by one…

They all seem to drift away…
Does no one see what I see...?

Do they not grasp the grandeur?

Do they not see me standing here?

Do they even hear me...?

Is there anyone out there…?

Who sees this world…

The way I do…?

Will I ever find another…

Who sings the Dreamer’s Song…?

A question…

Born from a desire to love…

Yet forged into a quest for knowledge…

So that one day one may understand…

The life of which I’ve lived…

So much has happened…

In my existence here…

I’ve watched the world changed…

I’ve seen the rise of History…

And with all the good upon this earth…

Corruption echoes…

Evil Lingers…

And human nature takes its toll…

And though so much has gone awry…

I still see a world so beautiful…

Behind my emerald eyes…

I still dream of changing this world…

And seeking my final destiny…

But where is it that I will find my strength…?

To leave my mark in time…

There is so much fear in the unknown…

So much doubt in the uncertainty…

A plain I have known all too well…

But even in my short life…

I’ve found answers…

One way or another…

Looking around I ask myself…

Why do I tell these tales…?

If no one will listen…?

Why do I sing these songs…?

If there is no other to join me…?

Why do I love this world…

And all of its people…?
If they do not love me…?

I will never know…

But as long as my heart continues to beat…

I will not give up on these people…

I will not lose hope in this world…

I will not fall again…

It is so beautiful…

The stars upon a Crimson Sky…

I still dream of the day…

That I will find my wings to fly…

So much has been forgotten…

But the story still beats in my heart…

My Journey…

My Legend…

My Legacy….

And so the story goes…

I will wait as long as I must…

Upon this ever changing earth…

Until someone will hear my song…

Or until my brother calls me home…

You have to be out there…

Somewhere…

No comments: