Sunday, October 17, 2010

Identity

I came across an interesting thought today, and once I had enough time to work with it a bit I was able to write something. This goes back to some of my more classic work. Happy I was able to write it.

On that Note: After 6 and a half years writing on here I feel like it was time to update the layout...

I think it looks sleeker = D

Anyway...

Identity


Throughout my journey upon this earth…

Through answers found, and questions forged…

Long have I pondered in my existence...

The question of Who…

Just who am I?

A question so simple…

Yet the answer I seek lies deep within my soul…

I am a man of many faces…

I am a wearer of many hats…

All of which are the culmination of the Who…

Yet which is it that truly defines me?

Is it I, the Champion?

The Soldier…?

The cunning warrior on the battlefield…

Fighting for my freedom?

Or is it I, the Name?

The simplest of choices…

Yet surely, I am more than just the man…

I want to be more than just my name…

Perhaps it is I, the Sage?

Keeper of guidance…

Passing my wisdom to those who seek it…

Searching for the truth?

Could I be… the Dreamer…?

Forging my Legacy in the depths of my being…

Seeking a way to unlock my mind…

And truly show this world my song…

Here I am only a few…

Yet even still, I can be so much…

I’ve sought to be a billion names…

Among a million faces…

Yet can I find myself in just the one?

Which of my voices is it that speaks from the heart…?

Which of my eyes gazes upon the beauty of this world…?

Which of my hands have forged the life that I now live…?

All of these…

And none of them…

The Culmination of all…

Different lives, all claiming one soul…

A warrior fighting a never-ending struggle.

A dreamer, always on the verge of tomorrow…

A storyteller who has yet to craft his masterpiece…

A player battling for victory…

A guide striving to be a hero to someone…

A hopeful romantic with love in his heart…

A man seeking more than just his name...

A child looking for a friend on a lonely road…

I am more than just a man…

I am greater than the sum of my parts…

Every face…

Every title…

Every name…

C.Malzinka…

Chrono H…

H. Dynedockia…

Matthew C…

All are fragments of the whole…

All are voices in this chorus…

Pieces of my grand design…

Forgers of the never-ending dream…

That is my Crimson Legacy…

No comments: