Monday, July 19, 2010

Felt like Venting... (Running)

So I'm a little frustrated with how things have been playing out. So in response I decided to do some late night writing... This is how I like to vent because I *think* that I am making something creative out of a frustrating situation. That being said this is mostly an internal thing so try not to take anything out of context. Anyway...

Running


I’ve tried so hard to run away…

To flee from a life of Stagnancy…
A future not worth finding…
A world not worth fighting for…

Is there truly anything left for me here?
Drifting through the endless nothing…
What is it that binds me to this life that I now live…
There is nothing
No Love to guide me…
No Purpose worth fighting for…
No future worth dying for…

As I stand here now I am a fool…
Who wears his emotions on his sleeve…
So that all the world can see…
Who treads a path of chaos and stupidity…
So that all the world can laugh…
Who sings a song that only he understands…
How can he seek to change this world…?
When he can do so very little to change his own…

Time and time again I have returned here…
Broken and Defeated…
Lost…
And Alone…
And long after these words have been spoken…
I shall see this place…
Time and Time again…

But I will not stay and suffer here…
I will not decay in this horrible place…
This wasteland…
This Void…
This is the world that I cannot escape…
This is a battle that I cannot win…
This emptiness that I can no longer stand…
No longer bare…
No longer lose myself in…
No longer…

And so I won’t… Not Anymore…

The gears have now begun to turn…
The wings will now ascend…
And with my eyes towards the future…
I will run…
Never Stopping…
Never Looking Back…
And as I go my essence will go with me...
I will not leave my impressions behind...
I will not have a mark to make in this place...
I will go as I have come...
And I will fade into the darkness and be forgotten...
But I will not forget...

I will fly away from this world…
And I will find myself a new home..
A new world to call my own…
With new friends and new possibilities to explore…

I will keep running…
Until I find my peace…
I will keep searching…
Until my path is right…
I will keep dreaming…
Until I find a reality…

It’s only a matter of time now…

No comments: