Sunday, June 06, 2004

My World...

New work... and if your worried, Im not depressed or anything, though my writing would say otherwise right now...

My World...

There is place far away from here… a place beyond any horizon… beyond your sight... beyond your comprehension… It is a dark place… an endless plain of black rock… cracked and jagged… and above, only clouds… dark grey clouds with lightning coursing through them. It is always raining… There is nothing… nothing at the end of this horizon… nothing… but one… a dark figure… soaked in water… in tears… in blood… Frozen to his soul… as he stands against the rain pouring down on him… This darkness… this pain… this… is the void… this… is my world… and that figure… with tears in his eyes… and a fist full of blood… is none other than the Crimson Dreamer himself… I am that man… that shell… with nothing inside me but this world that I see around me… Many times have I tried to escape this place… but as I break the boundaries of it, Fate intervenes… and I tumble back down to this dark earth… There is nothing here… and no one… so I much walk these plains for eternity… with nothing to set me free from this burden… but wait… in a flash of light this world is gone… and I am in another place… your world… where I am with all of you… my friends… and we talk… and we laugh… and we exist… together… l stand here too… facing the sunset… with wings drifting in the breeze… hand in hand… with the one I love… but then another flash of light… and I am in a world I have never seen… standing before Fate… My Crimson Blade in hand, ready to fight the battle that is my destiny… but my eyes open… and I am once again in the never ending rain… they are all just echoes… in my mind… These are dreams… dreams that are never going to come… love that will never blossom… destiny that will never come to pass… This is the world that I must live in every day… with the tears of loneliness in my heart… and the blood that bleeds from my soul as I am battered down by society… It is so cold here… and there is nothing to keep me safe… to keep me warm… to keep me happy… I have lost it all to Fate… but it does not stop me from dreaming for another day… To stand up tall in the pouring rain… cold… sad… and lonely… and Dream of a place where this world does not exist… Where I hold my beloved in my arms… and where I truly fly on my wings of time… but then I wake up from the dream… and the day begins again… There is nothing left and nowhere to go… there is no more song in my heart… there is no more skip in my step… just the aimless path that I walk in this place…. Hoping to find something… or someone… so each day passes me by... another lonely day is over with… and a new one is here in its place… Think not of this place… but that shouldn’t be too hard for the oblivious children of earth…

No comments: