Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Life of A Dreamer

This is a reprisal of my old poem, "The Thoughts of a Dreamer". I've had this idea in my head for a few days and wanted to get it out of my head... so here it is...

The Life of a Dreamer

A Dreamer’s gaze into the light

Upon the crossroads of his life...

Head filled with the stories that make up his journey...

And the thirst for the knowledge that will set him free...

Searching for that single star in the sky...

He begins to question himself...

The life he has lived...

The paths he could have taken...

Time well spent...

And Moments passed by...

The companions met along the way...

And former friends that fade away...

The lives of all that touched his heart...

The loss of those whom he holds dear...

He ponders the logic of his life...

What have I achieved in this life of mine?

Have I made use? Or wasted my time...

What am I in this here and now?

Who is it that I’ve become?

Am I the man I want to be?

And still, where is my destiny?

The questions I’ve known all across my life...

And the answers I may never know...

The places found where I belong...

And dearest friends until we die...

Yet each and all may slip away...

To fade in never ending darkness...

The chill that comes when raindrops fall...

The thrill of life when lived so full...

The pain that chokes a shattered heart...

The taste of love I’ve never known...

Yet each of us will someday fall...

Into that darkness evermore...

Yet only few can safely say...

That he has persevered this day...

And through the darkness standing tall...

Until light of dawn should call...

Singing the song of the heart...

That echoes in each of us...

Gazing through that velvet sky...

Through starless nights and tears of rain...

Through warmth of love and chill of pain...

This is what it means to be...

To be a Dreamer..

To sing their song and live their life...

To have a faith that can pierce the storm...

To brave the darkness and endure the pain...

To embrace the love and face your fears...

To hold onto your dreams and dry your tears...

This is what it means to live through my eyes...

As I stand here now...

At the Crossroads of my life...

Alone and Shattered...

Standing Tall...

No comments: