Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Path of A Dream

Wow, I never thought I would get it back so quickly... I've got something I'm quite happy with (And pissed about at the same time...) But I guess it's to be expected...

The Path of A Dream

All my life I have followed a dream…
A path that starts and ends only inside my mind…
Throughout the twists and turns of my heart…
And deep beyond the farthest reaches of my soul…
I have spent so many years following the dream…
My dream…
And where has it led me?
Where do I now stand…?
A new world, a new horizon…
But has anything truly changed…?
No…
My world has not changed…
Only my place in it has…
Such a world where people like me cannot exist…
My life lies upon a dream that will never come to pass…
My faith upon a life that will never live…
I believe in so much…
That these thoughts inside my head will guide me…
But to what?
Is it salvation?
Is it damnation?
Am I on the road to freedom?
Or simply to my end…?
What is it that I was meant to do?
Am I destined for greatness?
Or am I doomed merely to exist?
I do not have the will to simply be…
I do not have the skill to forge my destiny…
I do not have the strength to change this world…
And so what must I do now…
The Crimson Dreamer…
Destined to do great things…
Following the never ending faith in his heart…
And for what?
and why…?
When does the dream become more than just a dream…?
When does faith become reality…
Does it ever rise beyond a foolish optimism?
I will never know these answers…
And so I will walk down a new path…
One that leads to the same as all the others…
My unknown destination…
Where the truth behind my life will be…
For now I must face what lies around…
New people…
New places…
But what does this mean?
Is it really a second chance?
Or is it just another crowd?
One that will condemn and deceive me…
Just like the ones before them…
Is this life?
Is this what is destined to all who cannot walk a path of valor?
Of Wisdom?
Or of greatness?
Are we to deceive ourselves until the ends of time?
Am I all that is left of the graceful world?
I will never understand…
Just as those around me will never understand…
What it is to simply exist…
Without purpose…
Without Destiny…
Without a future…
And so I will wander through the ages of man…
Seeking that which can never be found…
Both Tangible, and in the depths of my imagination…
Such has been, and will be this life…
As no man can ever truly find himself…
When his entire life follows the path of a dream…

No comments: