Thursday, June 15, 2006

The Road Ahead...

...


And so the road stretches before me once again...
That endless road that stretches beyond all horizons...
Beyond all boundries...
Beyond space and time...
I know where this road goes...
Not to peace or to freedom...
Not to love or desire...
Only to nothing...
It never truly ends...
but one thing is for sure...
I am the only soul to walk this empty road...
and so I'll pick up my feet...
and begin the same old broken journey...
As I creep across the lonely universe...
Following in the footsteps of my shattered heart...
Along this road there is no sky...
No sunset...
No stars to guide me in the times of peril...
Only the foolish hope that rests inside me...
The strength to carry through...
and the will to not take myself into the abyss...
I will follow this road til the end of my days...
Or until another girl leads me to stray away...
But in the end it's here that I will always be...
Falling through the cracks of this existence...
With each moment passing by into nothing...
Before I take the first step...
I take one last look at you...
You who blinded me from this road...
You who gave me a light to hold onto...
You who gave me stars to look up to...
You who gave me a purpose...
only to take it away...
Not because of who I am, or who you are...
But because I am simply not what you desire...
Yet you still lack the words to speak the truth
As it lurks in the unknown...
It matters not anymore...
The Blow has been struck...
and the innocence has been killed...
and so again to this bloody path I come...
With a fresh pair of fallen wings...
and a new despair to place upon my soul...
Another heart has passed me by...
Another soul has pushed me away...
and so with that I take my first step upon this road...
and return to the days of old...
With new tears and new pains to burden this life...
But I'll keep walking...
I always do...
Until the day that I can leave this place...
Not a void inside my heart...
But the place that I exist...
For the future does not want me here...
As does anyone else...
I'll walk an endless road...
If it will take me away from here...
If it will take me away from you...
So here is to another journey...
and to the road ahead...
Let it take me away from this place...
Deliver me and my emotions...
Deliver me and my pride...
Deliver me and my love...
Deliver me...

Go find your peace... and leave me to nothing...

No comments: