Sunday, December 18, 2005

Midnight

Did some writing... kinda went off on a tangent... but I liked it...
I think I'm gonna call it...

Midnight

So this is where the road falls back into place...
All the loose ends have been sealed...
And Life slowly trickles back into the way it was supposed to be...
but because of what has happened... I've lost everyone...
Gone with the Winds...
Another chapter into tomorrow unfolds as the past slowly ripples into nothing...
My memories... do they mean anything...?
Time just plows forward... never stopping to pick up the pieces...
Where is everyone now?
We've left each other behind...
We've gone our seperate ways...
After all the moments we once held...
We've said goodbye...
Now all thats left...
Is the past...
Time will soon take...
All the memories away...
And what will be left?
Only Darkness shall remain...
Shadow... Emptiness...
A soul in ruin...
How can one live such a life...?
As to embrace what lies in the future...
and cradle what echoes from the past...
To live to find tomorrow...
and to never let go of yesterday...
only to have it wash away with the tides...
I can remember the days of old...
When nothing else mattered...
When for once in my life...
I was no longer a prisoner of time...
No longer a prisoner of Fate...
The doors were finally opening...
And just like that...
They slammed shut...
Before I could even glimps through the Keyhole...
There is always something in my way...
and with the aid of others...
sometimes I can overcome those obstacles...
but when the time comes to face the world alone...
my strength cannot hold the weight of reality...
my will cannot comprehend the foolishness of adolescence...
my heart cannot beat for two people...
if another is not beating with it...
my soul cannot hope...
for vindication in this place...
I must live in this prison I call life right now...
Free to do what I please...
With only the truths hidden in darkness...
Standing in my way...
A reality I cannot conceive...
Always standing under...
That shadow of what I once was...
The glory I once held...
And the power that was once mine...
I've fallen so far...
Only to rise again...
Stronger than before...
but not strong enough...
Trying to save what was lost in the beginning...
Trying to mend what has always been broken...
Trying to find love for what has always been hated...
Trying to free what has always been trapped...
Nestled in the depths of chaos...
Freedom...
It sounds so beautiful...
Love...
It feels so right...
but after one has tasted these fruits...
they cannot be satisfied with just a taste...
They cannot live off of just a bite...
and the struggle to find it again wages onward...
but for what?
Is it Greed? Or is it Survival?
Is it hope? Or is it instinct?
Life is too full of riddles...
and I have neither the time....
nor the patience...
To solve them...
and so I shall wander Aimlessly...
Waiting for the moment to come...
yet still searching for what once belonged in my arms...
Darkness is my home...
but my heart shines with light...
Despair chains me together...
but it's hope that keeps my whole...
Lonliness... binds me to existence...
but I'd choose a death in the arms of someone I love...
than a life eternally walking this path alone...
Such a thought echoes in and out of my mind...
Is this my lot in life...?
Only to have a glimpse at what the rest of the world takes for granted?
to strive to attain what others have long had?
to hold onto the shreds of what others grasp firmly...
Only time can answer my questions...
Always plowing forward...
Never stopping...
to pick up the pieces...
and so I must dive forward...
to break through chaos...
and find the sunrise...
On the other side...
of Midnight...

No comments: