Wednesday, May 18, 2005

I don't know...

I've made a poor choice... and I regret what I have done... yes I did what was right, but how I did it was wrong... and now I've started another war... I am lost to this... I tried to save them... and I failed...

What have I done…? What have I caused…? All of this darkness that lurks around me… It is pain… it is sorrow… it is suffering… and it is because of me… My friends… the people I love so much… I have betrayed them… and now they have begun a war… all because of me… They are lost… trapped inside conflict… Locked in war… because I tried to do what was right… I am a fool… I took life into my own hands… and I’ve failed them… I’ve failed them all… I do not deserve to live for what I have done… The path stands still now… All is quiet… all is dark… I know what has happened… I know what has been done… I am alone…. I look down onto these hands…. These hands… these are my hands… They have caused so much destruction… so much pain… so much strife…. Time has ravaged them into these instruments of corruption… I stand and try to look for the stars… but I know that I will not find them… I feel the hole underneath me beginning to open… The void… the void it returns to me… I can feel it calling out my name… The shadows around me begin to grow… and I can hear the cries of those that I have forsaken in my head… I fall to my knees… and I scream out in agony… This is my fault… All of this pain was caused by me… ME!! I set out on a path of peace, of righteousness… and of friendship… and now I have sent the sky crashing down onto those that I love… The pain shoots across my body… I can feel it eating away at my mind… All of this… all of it… is me… It is my fault… it is my doing… it is these hands… I am lost to this… Darkness has consumed me once again… I have fallen… I am forever trapped to this fate… My eyes open and the chaos is gone… I wake up into a place I remember far too well… It is my void… yet I feel like I am really here for the first time… No longer an instrument of my mind… but I am actually in this place… The rain pours down on my head… and the tears fall down my face… I have wronged them all… All of this is my fault… It started with a falling friend… and I did what I had promised I’d do… I won’t let them fall… I swore to them that… I swore to myself that… But upon catching her… I took matters into these hands of mine… I took away the shroud… I showed her the light of truth… and it was too much for me to do alone… I was wrong to do so… Even though my intentions were just… And now I have started this war… this fight… this strife… I have ruined their lives… and lost their trust… I’ve failed them… I love them so much… I would die for any one of them… and now I have betrayed them… and myself… Look what you have done? Look at the pain that you have caused? You are the instrument of Sorrow… and a Harbinger of Destruction… These are your hands… and you are a fool… I no longer wish to escape this place… for it is here I belong… I cannot hurt anyone here… my freedom only brings sorrow to others… and that is not something that I want… I am finally here… in this place… alone… where I cannot save them… or hurt them… This life is so hard to live… I swear that I will not let them fall… but what if those who do are at conflict? Which hand to I catch? Which side do I take? I cannot save them both… as much as I want to… one has to fall… and I can’t make the choice… and yet I did… and out of the truth I brought on nothing but suffering… And so I have fallen again… destroying the wing that I had… and now I am left to this place… I know that I shall find a way out… I always do… but if I ever encounter these people again… I deserve to die for what I did to them… My life is in their hands… and I do not seek forgiveness… because I do not deserve it for the problems that I have caused… and so I rise up from the charred ground… and I slowly walk away… into the mists that shroud this world… It is the only place that I am safe… it is the only place that they are safe… I will never have the freedom I seek… without hurting the people I love… Too much emotion… so confused… lost to the tides of Fate… Dreamer… Hawk… save them… please… for I cannot cause them any more pain…


I'll make it up to you someday... all of you...

No comments: