Wednesday, July 28, 2004

My Mentor

Well... a little break from the ANA (A new age)
This is something I started writing a few months ago... and finally finished All I need is a name for the piece...
Here's to you Matt...
It's been an honor to learn from the best... ^_^

My Mentor (Named by and dedicated to Matt Sprotte)

My life’s journey continues it’s race…
But Now Arises a familiar face…
A man from days of forgotten glory…
Back when I began my story…
Back to an age when my dreams were just dreams...
When my heart was a hole... a void so it seems...
Before I saw the power I had...
Or the poet inside me... My writing was bad...
I was merely a Kid... lost in my tears…
With pain in my soul… haunted by fears…
But before I found love… I had an escape…
That was shown to me by a man with a cape…
He saw my potential… but I needed work…
And he stayed by my side when the others were jerks…
He taught me the ways of the people up high…
Who created new worlds in the blink of an eye…
An Adventurer’s fate could lie in his hands…
He’d decide their future… and give them commands…
To succeed or to fail in this game we play…
It’s life in this world… or so we would say…
But this game that we play’s not as hard as it seems…
As I focused the power that channeled my dreams…
I saw this world for what it really was…
Now I stand by his side… and it’s only because…
Of a man with the name that I call my own…
With the lesson’s he’d taught and the ideas he’d sewn…
Into my mind… and then they would sprout…
And I’d know what this creativity’s about…
I opened my eyes… and I set free my soul…
With the help of my mentor… I got out of that whole…
You set me down the path I take…
You gave me a chance to atone my mistakes…
You gave me the skills to continue along…
The Notes to sing the dreamers song…
So here’s to you my venerable friend…
Funny… and loyal to the end…
You’ll always be a mentor to me…
For you helped shape my destiny…
No one out there rp’s like you can…
King of the GM’s… my master… Matt-san!!!


No comments: