Monday, May 31, 2004

My Friends

I have a new piece... I just finished it a minute ago... I hope all the people that this piece is about know that they are included in my thoughts...

My Friends...
My place is dark… and my sky is gray…
But I caught the glimpse of a star today…
The void grows smaller… with each moment gone…
As twilight ends… just before morning’s dawn…
This moment is rare for people like me…
Who travel lonely paths to their destiny…
Deep down in my soul… I am not so sad
For companions surround me… and for this I am glad…
Their paths are all different… no two are the same…
Except for the fact that they all shout my name…
It is them who have given me all of my hope…
They have taught me to love… and help me to cope…
With the tears in my heart… and the scars in my mind…
And one thing is certain… they won’t leave me behind…
It is they that I thank for my happiness too…
For without them… I don’t know what I’d do…
It is you who have shaped what I have become…
I have you all to thank for escaping the glum…
Not all of them are with me today…
Some had left me behind when I drifted away…
But the few that I have are my most cherished friends…
Who’ll remain in my heart until my end…
They’ve given all this hope to me…
I’d die for them… So they may see…
Another day to glance at the sky…
And the ghost of their dreamer flying high…
You who stood by me for 8 crazy years…
You with your blue coat... always in good cheer...
You with your heart in the stars up above…
You with your kindness made me fall in love…
You who I teach the Dreamer’s Song…
You who I laugh with all day long…
All of you gave me the wings to fly…
You’ll remain in my heart til the day that I die…
I hope that you all will remember these days…
That I shared with you… and showed you my ways…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that your poems are excellent.

The Crimson Dreamer said...

Thanks for the comments! Jav, and whoever else you might be... ^_^

Anonymous said...

Covey here, greatstuff, i liked this page especially.