Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Wish...



So I've been on a bit of a streak lately! Things are going well and I just wanted to write!

This one's gonna seem a little down, but IDK It came to me (though it was a PAIN to get it to rhyme, probably why it's a little sad in the middle = P)

I'm working on another one right now too.. lets hope that one goes a little more smoothly, and I don't have to resort to anything sad! ^_^

This one is probably a little more like some of my classic work... I can't believe I just said that... Lol

The Wish...

When all the world had passed me by…
With nothing left to hold…
I gazed unto a midnight sky…
And watched the stars unfold…

I made a simple wish that day…
Upon that light so free…
I wished Someday…
Somehow…
Some way…
That light could shine for me…

A better world I knew I’d find…
A love I’d soon embrace…
A hope to hold a heart so kind…
As tears ran down my face…

Yet Brother Fate cast me aside…
As I began to fall…
My heart and soul were lost inside…
These chains would soon enthrall…

A boy was I in days of old…
When I had made that plea…
10 years have passed, and truth be told…
My heart is still not free…

Love will deliver me from fear…
My chains it would unbind…
That moment here…
So Crystal Clear…
The freedom I will find…

Although my path has been lonely…
And the journey’s had its pain…
This life holds little misery…
This heart holds no disdain…

Forgiveness to this world… my home…
That I thought passed me by
I thought that I stood here alone…
Just looking at that sky…

I made a wish so long ago…
Unto that sky so blue…
And with a smile, this I know…
My wish… it will come true…

No comments: