Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hope...

To the people who actually come on here and read this stuff

I'm sure this title seems rather ironic, considering the piece itself...

But this is how I deal with what happens...

The emotions are on the paper...

and no longer in my mind...

And that's how I keep going...


Hope


How do I stand here now…

As the rain pours down upon my broken body…

The wind howling in the night..

How do I keep walking forward?

When the pain gets so unbearable…

How can I gaze upon a Crimson Sky…

When Darkness is all I have ever known…

Hope has kept me going for so long…

It has driven me to keep fighting in this war we call life…

It has inspired me… Given me faith…

That brighter days do come…

That loneliness can end…

That dreams can come true…

But in the end…

The shield of hope is only so strong…

And even it can falter under the hand of fate…

I have grown so tired…

So tired of this shattered existence…

The light fades by the moment…

My dreams are lost to time…

Love taunts me as it always has…

Bringing me close…

Only to push me just out of reach…

Sometimes I gaze into this darkness…

And wish that it was all a nightmare…

A Bad dream…

A Dark and terrible place…

That would disappear when awoken…

Lost forever to Oblivion…

Maybe this truly is Destiny…

Maybe this is the price I have to pay…

For the strength given to me…

To have a chance at life…

All those years ago…

Maybe this life…

Is the burden I must bear…

To live such a life…

Is to live it alone…

And so… Here I am…

A Face that no one will see…

A Voice that no one will hear…

A Heart that no one will hold…

I stand here now…

Defeated…

Broken…

And Alone…

And yet…

Through the darkness of this night…

Through the rain pouring down on me…

Not a tear has been shed…

Not one drop…

What’s left to stave the tide…?

What else can cast the darkness away…

All I have to save myself…

Before I am taken…

I am all that stands…

Between the void and myself…

My Strength…

My Resolve…

My Hope…

For Hope…

Is all that I am…

And Hope…

Is all that I have left…

No comments: