Thursday, June 02, 2005

Truth...

New Work...

Truth...

What do you do when the world fades to black? Where do you go when the winter comes falling down… and there’s no where left to go? Where do you stand as the walls around you tumble to the ground…? Who do you cry on when everyone around you turns away? How do you live when you are surrounded by death? Who do you love… when your world turns to hate? Lost… Drifting… Falling… Dreaming… Being… Living… Freedom… So many words… All of which I use every day of this life… Lost inside the trap I have created in my mind… Drifting into each passing day as the sun slowly sinks below the horizon… Falling further into the depths of my soul… Dreaming of the days when I can look back on life and see how truly wonderful it is… Being able to catch my fallen brethren… Living life… one day at a time… Freedom… the one thing in life… that is unattainable… Fate controls all… governs all… and yet even in our doomed slavery… we are still free to make our choices… Love… Happiness… Anger… Pain… all of it is under our control… I can see this now… with vision undistorted… My life… it is mine to control… no matter what Fate forges to be my destiny… I know here… now… that I don’t need to look for my true friends… I don’t need to seek out my allies… because they are here… with me… all of them… I know now the truth… that none of them were ever in any doubt… and that all this time… after being so lost in the conflict… trapped in the confusion… on the brink of the void… that even in my despair… they are here to stand by me… and even when the world is without hope… and the sky is without stars… and the world around us is shattered with the malice that is this life… We are here… standing tall together… ready to face whatever my Brother decides to stand in our path… but even in our triumphant cry… Even in the power that we share… Even in the love that we share for each other… in the brotherhood of friendship… I fear that my heart has made breaks in our chain… I feel too much in this world… a surge of emotion… an endless wave of the heart… It brings my joy atop the highest of the heavens… and it brings my sorrow to the depths of existence… and in my soul it embraces the spirit that has been inside me for so many years… and Channels the energy that has been dormant inside me for such a long time… I no longer fear life… I no longer fear the whim of Rathios… and yet… my world is still empty… and my path is still lonely… I thought I had embraced the winds of love… but I know now that this is not so... I have still yet to feel that warmth...and in my search I have made a fool of them… I have made a fool of myself… and even in the blunders of my life… I know that they will stand by me… and yet I still cannot help but feel like I have made so many mistakes… so many contradictions in my being… So many broken promises… I feel like I have betrayed them… in deceiving myself… I have overlooked so much… I have forgotten so much… I need to let go… of all this grief… of all this strife… Where has the happiness gone? Where has the optimism fled too? Where has the positivism fallen? I embrace my emotions… for they define my spirit… yet… even I cannot comprehend them in their purest form… and I am no master of the spirit… it is difficult to control my emotions… for it is a fickle element to restrain… Destiny… what truly is Destiny? I have always believed it to be man’s potential… but is it? Is it what we are able to achieve? Or is it the quota we put on ourselves… Destiny is a path to perfection… one that no being can ever obtain… Dreams… the essence of the soul… it is through our dreams that we find our hope… Hope is the one truly static entity in this world… for throughout the ages… hope has never died… Love… Love is only a word… a word I have used far too much in my life… It is the one thing I seek more than anything else… but why? Why is it that I must feel this emotion? Is it because it is the one that I have not experienced yet? Or is it that I am in need to fill the hole in my life? Love itself… is empty… void… of meaning and of thought… love is in the eyes of who wields it… and one’s love can be simply affection to another… and the sweet embrace of one can be the reason to live for another… One cannot gauge love… for each of us has different ways of expressing it… of feeling it… of giving it… and of taking it… I have love for each and everyone one of my friends… a love that shall never falter to the will of fate… anger may close my eyes… and pain may blind my heart… but I love each and every one of you… with all my heart and soul… and of all the empty promises I have made… and all the broken contradictions of my life… I know… in the depths of my being… that I love all of you… Love in itself is a meaningless word… yet… in my life… it is the value I give to those who I care about most… Those precious few… who I have stood by my side through the ages… and those who have just joined the path… Your spirits… your courage… your patience… and your compassion… have brought me to this point in my life… I am a loner…and now I finally realize that… as much as I seek the love of another… I know that… at least at this point in my life… I am destined to be alone… and even in this loneliness… I am not truly alone… for all of you are in my heart… and I may lose sight of that… but in my core… I know it to be true… Your friendships keep me alive and well… your happiness brings me joy… and your courage gives me strength… I pass my spirit onto you… and although you do not share the same emotion… I know that you are grateful… as I have been for you… So what do I do when my world fades to black? Where do I go when the winter comes falling down… and there’s no where left to go? Where do I stand as the walls around me tumble to the ground…? Who do I cry on when everyone around me turns away? How do I live when I am surrounded by death? Who do I love… when my world turns to hate? I come before you… my champions… my heroes… my friends… you… all of you… and with your hearts and mine… we shall stand tall to face the wrath of my brother… Let there be freedom… and peace in this land… and I swear by my dreams that this darkness shall end… This Fate is a demon… he’ll pay for his crime… and I’m NOT just a Dreamer… I’m…

No comments: