Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I dont know what the hell to call this...

Well... wow... what can I say? Things are going great! Work kicks ass... and the people I work with are probably some of the best people I've ever met... and so in a bit of a writing mood, and after a disaster trying to write something for one of their birthdays... I wrote this... Guys... No I need to say this to each of you... Joe... Mike... Andrea... Erica... Thank you all... this is for you guys... I have no name for this piece... and I would like for you to name it...



<>:for all the people I work with at six flags...

I’ve finally emerged from a slumber I thought would last an eternity… I’ve sealed a void that has eaten at my soul for years… I have forged countless dreams… created worlds… I have begun the path towards destiny… and yet in all of the accomplishments of my life… I have always been alone… always searching for people who hear the song that echoes inside my heart… Only to find deceit… hatred… and rejection… and while I have heard the distant call of the Dreamer from others… they are worlds away… Never have I been able to find someone who follows my path… And for some time I had lost hope… until now… I find myself in a new place… of wonder… of excitement… of… Playtime! I open my eyes to a new group of people… people who know nothing… but the truth… There is no more hiding my emotions… for these few share them with me… I can finally feel the winds soar across the heavens… and I can spread my wings… and take flight… only to have them there with me… I have found freedom… not from myself this time… I have found a place where I belong… no longer cast out for breaking the ties to fate… I am here… on this path that I have chosen… and I have found those who would answer my call… and sing the Dreamer’s Song with me… I have waited for this day… all my life… hiding in the shadows… searching through the night… falling through the depths… and now the chains are broken… and the stars are shining bright… No more plight… no more despair… and though they don’t know the whole story… and they don’t see the scars that time has branded my soul with… they care not… for they have accepted me… ME… not a shell… not a shadow… but what lies inside… and they embrace it… I am here… and I am not alone… through this fellowship that has been forged… I am able to open my heart… and let fourth the emotion that has been dormant inside me for oh so many a year… I am Finally me again… the way I once was… and thought I never would be again… Joseph… Erica… Michael… Andrea… Thank you for everything… I will never forget what you have allowed me to become once more… Thank you for letting me smile upon the world once again… Thank you for spreading light where there was once darkness… Thank you for showing me that there is more to the world than the evil that I have always known… Thank you for setting me free…

No comments: